BY LAUREN M. MURPHY | July 27, 2011 | Food & Drink
Five wines you’ll crave from the Aspen Food & Wine Classic.
1. Louis M. Martini 2007 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon: Deep red in color, this Cabernet Sauvignon’s intense cherry, cedar and tobacco aromas marry perfectly with its bing cherry and plum flavors with hints of vanilla, oak and brown spice. Make sure to uncork this one when grilling steaks this season.
2. Martín Códax 2009 Rías Baixas Albariño: Paired best with seafood, summer salads and pasta, this full-bodied Albariño bursts with fl avors of apple, pear, peach, melon, passion fruit and lemon zest. This wine will quickly become a summer favorite.
3. MacMurray Ranch 2008 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir: To fully enjoy the earthy red currant, raspberry, sage and mushroom fl avors of MacMurray’s 2008 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir let it age. Time is on this wine’s side.
4. William Hill Estate Winery 2009 Napa Valley Chardonnay: Enticing aromas of white peach, honeysuckle, vanilla and pear make this full-bodied Chardonnay irresistible with mild cheeses and fruity desserts.
5. Frei Brothers Reserve 2008 Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc: Frei Brothers’ 2008 Sauvignon Blanc will delight taste buds with its aromas of citrus, melon and fresh-cut grass. The creamy quality of this wine makes it perfect with poultry, pork and shellfish.
PHOTOGRAPH BY JENNIFER LEVY