by Jonathan Pullis | December 1, 2010 | Food & Drink
Another holiday season is upon us, and I’m in the mood to celebrate. Nothing marks a festive occasion better than bubbly. Herewith, my top 10 places to celebrate being in Aspen, with some suggested sparkling wine and Champagne pairings. Cheers!
1. With Alex Harvier at Cache Cache over a glass of Jacques Selosse Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs
2. On the gondola with Alfred Gratien Brut Rosé. There is something wonderful about riding up in a blizzard for an afternoon run and sharing a glass with someone special.
3. After a vigorous cross-country ski to Pine Creek Cookhouse. Nothing says Colorado quite like a glass of Bollinger Brut Special Cuvée at this rustic, elegant restaurant.
4. Celebrating with Oliver Jaderko at The Caribou Club with Billecart-Salmon Cuvée Elisabeth Salmon Rosé
5. Making a toast at 11,212 feet from Aspen Mountain’s Sundeck, drinking Fantinel Prosecco while gazing across to Highland Bowl
6. Visiting Gerald Theron at Syzygy Restaurant for some Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame
7. The perfect pairing: a visit with Todd Clark at Matsuhisa Aspen and 1996 Krug Clos du Mesnil
8. Cloud Nine Alpine Bistro on Highlands and Nicolas Feuillatte Brut. It’s one of the most picturesque places to sip and savor.
9. Cozy up to the fireplace at The Little Nell with some 1978 Philipponnat Clos de Goisses.
10. Anywhere and anytime, because after all, you are in Aspen!